Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Story Telling Competition


The Story Telling Competition


By
Yashal.Imaan


Part 1: Context and Reflection
Part 2. The Piece
Part 3:  About me


    1.Context and Reflection

I chose to write a 'Slice of Life'.I am showing off my figurative language.I chose this piece                  because I think it's one of the most important things I would like to share about me.It                             represents me and how that day totally changed my life.


     2.The Piece
    
“It’s all right.Just don’t look at them,it’s as easy as that” I said to myself,I
mumbled to myself,I could hear the girl on the stage,she was telling the story of ‘Cinderella’,I could see her cute dress,it was blue and she wore a tiara,with a hello kitty bow tying back her long and curly hair.

“Only two more to go,”I whispered as I peeked to see who’s turn it was. A thought
strike me to revise again.So I began.Oh no,I got stuck on that line again.So I put my hand in the
pocket of my blue sweater,it shined as the lights on the stage reflected over it’s rough and worn body.I looked and then got the word for the hundredth time and read it all the way to the end.Then I heard people clap and the girl in front of me went on stage.

I was really nervous now, I could hear my heart beat faster and faster. And with every beat  I felt like it was going to pop out. I was sweating now, even in winter with my sweater on.I didn’t realize I was holding my breath,so I exhaled slowly,which sounded like a sigh.

A thought came into my mind.What if I don’t win. And worst of all, what if I mess up and everybody started laughing? After all what use would it be of practicing the story for almost 2 weeks!

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard my name called,I could feel all the eyes burning on me,as I went on stage.I suddenly realized two familiar faces,my mom and my dad. My dad gave a big smile and a thumbs up,I gave a weak smile in reply.And so I began,I was surprised by how the words just came rushing out of my mouth,as if they were just waiting there the whole time.I didn’t care much because I couldn’t take it any more.My legs began to shake and I was sweating and surprisingly cold.I checked to see if someone had noticed,but everyone was just listening,not caring much.It was seconds later I realized that the words had stopped,my mouth wouldn’t open.
Hard as I tried to remember,nothing came out.
“It’s no use,it’s over,you lost…”A voice said in my head.I felt the urge to shout and shout until the world would break into pieces.But no it wasn’t over yet.

And so going with my guts.I skipped the sentence and jumped on the rest.
When I was done I said thank you,and just almost ran as though I was being chased by wolves.The applause were nothing,nothing mattered.It was over,I did it. And it didn't matter if I won or not,because I had already gained something else,it was courage.

3.About me

I am Yashal Imaan,student of Dewitt and I am in 7th grade.I have to admit,I have improved a   lot from last year,I have got better in using figurative language and GUMS!I still do have some           errors,but compared to last year,I have really improved,plus I have worked harder,and my results         are...not bad at all.  



No comments:

Post a Comment